Maybe I will get a lot in one day or something, but every day I go out to the mail box all excited and anticipatory (is that a word?) ... and get bills and junk mail. Urg. I want to see that pretty red or green, or white...whatever...envelope, handwritten address, return address someone I don't talk to or see much, Christmasy card...it makes me feel giddy inside!
I'm beginning to feel very UNLOVED! *pouting with bottom lip stuck waaaaay out!*
Maybe and I hope I will be eating my words in a couple of days. I wouldn't mind coming back and saying "OK, so sorry...I'm VERY LOVED!"
Maybe and I hope I will be eating my words in a couple of days. I wouldn't mind coming back and saying "OK, so sorry...I'm VERY LOVED!" OK, so maybe it is only the 13th, and maybe my friends and family aren't like me and don't send their cards out on the 1st...I don't know. I'm really not trying to guilt any of them into anything...mostly.
I will try to be patient...

11 comments:
"OK, so maybe it is only the 13th, and maybe my friends and family aren't like me and don't send their cards out on the 1st..."
Go with that, I know it is the reason you haven't gotten my Christmas card yet. :)
YOU ARE VERY LOVED and a little card in the mail (or lack thereof) isn't going to change that! :)
Look for mine soon, hopefully before the 25th. ;)
I know I am VERY LOVED Christmas card or not...
I was just having a pouty, whiny, stomp my foot moment. :(
I'm better now.
I'm pouting TOO! I was just on a pout-fest today--how funny. Poor us! ;)
My dad used to tell me that if I stuck my lip out like that...a bird would come by and poop on it!
It's still early, you'll get more cards. Maybe everyone else is behind on sending them out...just like me.
I totally stink and I haven't sent out cards for about four years. When we moved this summer I found a whole stack of addressed envelopes with cards in them that I never sent. I'd go with the idea that people are behind.
P.S. No one sends them to me anymore because I never send one to them. :)
It's really more like 7 years since I sent one. And even then I sent it in January.
I'm so the same about Christmas! I LOVE getting cards! Yay, it's my favorite! I hadn't gotten too many either, until today. I had a nice little surprise in my mail box this afternoon! I'm sure you'll get a ton very soon!
hang in there...
Steph! You are not a complainer! I am glad you feel comfortable enough to voice your feelings on not getting more Christmas Cards! I guess I was just trying to alleviate some my own 'not getting the Christmas Cards out early even though I vow to every year' guilt and give you an excuse. :)
Lots of love (and no guilt!)
You know it seems like I haven't gotten many yet either. I know there's a day that most people send their cards out. I think it's on a Monday about a week before Christmas. That would be this Monday, so maybe Tuesday or Wednesday we'll get them. I'm not joking about this.
Cynthia! I love you! :)
Maria, I hope so! That would be great!
I too love to get the cards and the letters and the pictures {which stay on my fridge all year} I've ALWAYS been a s l o w card-getter-outer, but usually my friends are much faster .... feeling like you though this year!
Post a Comment