Friday, January 1, 2010

Photo Story Friday ~ Example


Hosted by Cecily



The snow has been falling on and off here at our house. We love it. (though not driving in it) The day after the biggest storm, that dropped the most white stuff and covered everything, the girls wanted to go play in it. It was way too powdery to do almost anything with it, it wouldn't make a snowball, so no snowmen, it was almost even to powdery to sled, but they managed.

While the two middles were busy sledding, (our front yard has a small hill they sled on) Sabryna decided to take a break and teach Ryver one of the essentials of winter.
How to eat snow! I went out and took pictures and reminded her the need to watch out for the 'yellow' snow, and just smiled and reminisced.

5 comments:

Cecily R said...

We've done some of that same reminding to our kids lately. I know there are parents out there who think it's gross to let your kids eat snow at all but not me. I say it's a part of childhood...and heck adulthood too!!

Happiest New Year Steph!!!! And yay for meeting soon!

Chris said...

You can't stop them from eating snow, so you might as well teach them to do it right!

Happy New Year!

latree said...

wow. is it really okay to eat snow (except the yellow one - which I know what it means)?

happy new year to you and your family

Kaye said...

Ryver looks like the Pillsbury dough boy. Exactly how Amy looked when she was itty bitty. Fun in the snow!

Honey Mommy said...

That cracks me up! For a minute there I thought it was going to be about making snow angels!

My boys have not discovered the joys of eating snow just yet! I kind of hope it stays that way!