Thursday, September 6, 2007

Out of Work

Biggest thing on my mind right now, is that Dell lost his job. Hmmmm.....never been here before. He's never not had a job in our whole 12 and a half years of marriage, and it's weird. Luckily we have a savings, so I'm not worried....yet. Hopefully he will find something soon. With the Crandall canyon mine tragedy, there is like 150 men out of work, trying to find a job in this area. So needless to say, it might be a bit difficult. I have faith though, that things will work out the way they are supposed to and we will be taken care of. It's just a little scary right now.
Dell's kind of happy it happened right now though, because the Big Bull hunt that he drew out for after 13 years of trying is in a week, so he wont have to worry about getting time off. Wow, that's priorities for ya, huh? Haha, I married such a hunter!

On a happier note, Mychigan is doing really well in Kindergarten. This week and next week they are reviewing their colors and have to wear a different color every day. Tuesday was red, yesterday was yellow, today is blue and tomorrow is orange. On Tuesday I forgot to put her in red, so I ran to the school at 10 to change her shirt. She thought that was pretty funny. She was almost the only one not in red though, so I'm glad I did it.
Sabryna is also doing well. She is still struggling in math and spelling as usual, but the teacher seems to be doing more to help her. I'm hoping it's a phase and all of a sudden it will 'click' for her, but I don't know, math never 'clicked' for me so.......we shall see.
I think Daisy is bored without her sisters to play with, but also likes to be able to do things without Mychigan's shadow constantly over her. She likes to be able to play computer games and watch whatever movie she wants for rest time. But she misses them too. I have been trying to do more things with her to ease her into it a bit better. We go to the park and just run errands. We went to McDonalds to eat the day before yesterday and Pizza Hut with Daddy yesterday. We will go on walks and I will read to her. I think it will be fun for her in the long run. And she will have Ryver to play with as Ryver gets old enough to play.
Sabryna should be getting her glasses soon, and she is excited about it. She also has two orthodontist consultations in two weeks, so we will see what's going to happen with her teeth.

Tonight is back to school night and I'm excited to meet Sabryna's and Mychigan's teacher. I have heard that Sabryna's teacher is mean, but she has heard she is nice...we shall see. :)

4 comments:

Josh Bancroft said...

Sorry to hear about Dell's job. That's tough. We'll be praying for you, and let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

Steph said...

Thanks Josh. I'd ask you to get him a job at Intel, but if there were a guy that was less computer and 'gadget' inclined, I haven't met him. :) Thank you for the prayers, I'm sure they will be helpful, along with all the ones I am sending up. We will be ok...I hope. :S

Cecily R said...

Hi Stephanie!

Thanks for your comment on my site. You're so sweet! Your writing is great and I love the pictures of your cute family!

Yes, I am in Utah...how could you tell? We're in North Ogden which is close to Logan (through the canyon close anyway).

My daughter's kindergarten is doing the same thing with colors. Your color list is almost exactly the same as ours...same days and everything! On tuesday I didn't forget red day but the only red shirt Gracie has is one I let her paint in once so it's hopelessly stained. She didn't care but I gotta admit I was embarrassed! The vanity of mothers!

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's job. I hope it work out for your family...it will!

Keep up the blogging and I'll be sure to check back often. Comments make it so much fun!

Cecily

KATE said...

I'm sorry about the job. It sucks in a big way! Hang in there, it will work out!
- Kate