Thursday, October 9, 2008

Photo Story Friday ~ A long walk

Photo Story Friday Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

Wednesday was 'Walk to School Day' here. I decided to do it this year. I haven't in years past for various reasons (babies mostly). This year, we figured out a way to do it, so I wouldn't have to drag Ryver out of bed and into the cold an hour earlier than she's used to, and Daisy too for that matter. Dell is a good fanagler. :)
So my two sweet oldest children and I set out on a very long walk to school. It was about 10 blocks, which may not seem like a lot to some, but was very long to us. :) They are big blocks here! In the beginning Sabryna was telling me that she wanted to do this every day, and by the end she was huffing and puffing (fakeishly) saying that she was glad she rode the bus every day! Mychigan complained about her feet hurting from about the first block on. Don't get me wrong, these girls exercise daily, they just like to complain too...especially Mychigan. :)

It was very fun though, we got to talk and start our day together. Very sweet, if very chilly!

Sabryna the face maker

Cutie pie Mychigan

Sweet sisters

Awwwww.......(I think... does it look like Sabryna is trying to get away from Mychigan? :))

20 comments:

Chris said...

Pictures of children from behind are always my favorite. They tell a story.
It's sounds like it was a good day.

earthlingorgeous said...

Awww walks are a great time to bond. Look at that! That's great that you are making it a weekly routine too :) Will make your bonding with the kids and the two sisters bond strong too. Nice photostory!

Alex @ I'm the Mom said...

Sweet girls.
I applaud you for taking part in Walk to School Day. No way could I ever do that.

Rachel said...

Aww -- those are cute pictures (silly faces and all); GOOD JOB walking to school . .. you have much more perseverance that me!

Photo Story Friday -- Dueling Parents

tiarastantrums said...

I used to walk to school everyday when I was a kid (and a teenager for that matter). But now a days - I don't see that too much. Too many parents working and too many crazies out there!!

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

A very nice way to begin the day. Thanks for sharing your story.

Kris said...

So sweet to see them walking together. What a great picture to share with them later

Anne Elizabeth said...

Very cute pictures. We walked EVERYWHERE when I was a kid. I sometimes wonder how my mom did all that with four little ones.

Mamarazzi said...

totally cute!

Cecily R said...

What cute girls! Love the shot from behind...those are always my favs.

Walk to school day here is everyday for us, but at our old school they had designated start places so the families that didn't live as close could drive, park and walk a shorter distance. It was nice and even when we lived 15 minutes (driving) away, we could always participate!

Anonymous said...

yes, trying to get away... but they're keeping warm right?

Anonymous said...

Way to go on walking! Wonderful for everyone! It's too bad that we won't be able to do that as we live entirely too far from any school. Great pictures, beautiful daughters, and great names as well.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I think the good ole days are making a comeback! I love that facial in these shots!!

Anonymous said...

Aw, what a couple of cuties you have..

Anonymous said...

I love that last shot. It is so nice to see that sibling bond.

Kellan said...

That's a pretty good little walk and a great way to spend time together and get exercise - good for you! cute pictures!

Have a great weekend - Kellan

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

We read that it was walk to school day, but my kids didn't walk! It's a bit more than a mere 10 blocks for the older kids and 9/10 of a mile for Rob.
They look so cute .... I do so love pix from behind.
What's the age difference in age?

Wendy said...

They did not have this when my kids were little. Sounds like a fun..once per year event!

Cecilia said...

What a fun post...your daughters are beautiful! I love their names!

And the last picture is just PRICELESS!!!

CC said...

It was walk/bike to school day here too. But my husband forgot (and probably wouldn't have tried anyways....)