We just got back from vacation this week! It was fun! We just kinda stayed local, seeing sights in Utah we have never seen before. It's crazy to live in a state for your whole life and never see the sights that are only hours away from you!
We went to Arches National Park, which was fun but HOT! Here is a picture of 'Delicate Arch' zoomed up because we didn't want to hike two miles to get to it.
Here is the girls posing in front of it, you can see it behind them ... tiny. Sabryna looks so happy, eh?
I caught this cute picture of my two middle girls who are almost always fighting...had to document it!
Camping at the slick rock campground in Moab.
My cute mom went with us.
The girls in the back seat of the van. They were kinda squished in there and fought because of it, but I caught a rare smiley moment!
This is what Ryver did in her seat a good percentage of the time. That was nice. :) For her and us! (notice the pretzel in her hand...a staple for her!)
At Lake Powell (we have been there before, but the water is up finally! So we had to go again!) Dell and the girls swimming in the dirty water. They had fun!
This is what poor broken leg did...she would have been in the water if it weren't for that cast, she is such a water baby!
My mom watched from a lofty position.
Then we went to Goblin Valley. I'm kinda mad at myself for not taking pictures of the whole valley of goblins...but here are a couple with my cutest girls.
Up on a big Goblin!
Next we went to Cove Fort, where Dell's parents are serving a mission for our church. This is a good day for Ryver because she could be put down! She loves to move these days...even with a cast! Yay for grass!
Then on to The Freemont Indian State park. It was pretty cool to see the Indian writings on the rocks.
After we got home, instead of cleaning my house like I should have been, we headed to the wave pool because it was SO hot! I let Ryver get her cast wet because...well...I just couldn't keep her from the water and it's got chlorine, so no 'stuff' will grow...right? 


Oh my, that baby loves the water!!!
Daisy, who thinks she is a mermaid.
Mychigan who also thinks she is a mermaid.
The water pooped poor Ryver out! So sweet sleeping.
Then yesterday we went to my friend Liz's house and helped her give her son highlights. It was fun, though at the beginning he didn't think so so much. 
He liked the end result though (sorry about the sideways picture, I'm too lazy to go and fix it though.)
And finally, my growing things...some that are blooming! Yay! My cactus, I love flowering cactus!
My Daisy's
My mini roses
And one of my hybrid lily's. Love it! Still waiting on my Hollyhocks to bloom...soon I hope!
11 comments:
LOL that poor kid! Bad Steph! He looks thoroughly unamused to be getting his pic taken. Got a good laugh out of me. The after shot looks very cool!
Your daughters are gorgeous! Poor Ryver chewing on her belt missing out! Awww. She is such a darling baby. Looks like you had a blast! The back of your middle girls is the best one- love those kinds of shots. I love that you post so many pics! Thanks for letting us in!
looks like such a fab time...memories to last forever..fun stuff!
your girls are adorable and that little Ryver...oh my goodness, i would have let her splash too..way too cute!
You guys look like you had such a good time. Love Ryer in the pool, hope her cast is still ok
xxx
Looks like GRAND fun!! Your pictures make me want to go to Lake Powell TOMORROW.
:)
My family needs to do that kind of vacation in Utah too. We live here but haven't seen most of it. :) Great photos!!!
I love you, Darlin'! Yep, that was way too fun! Let's go....again! I am ready!
Mom
Looks like you had an amazing vacation!! I agree you sometimes forget about the vacation spots in your own State!!!
The many pictures are adorable!!
I would have done the same thing with the cast and the water...glad she was able to cool off!!!
I'm the same way.. there are so many things here in CO that I have yet to see and do and I've lived here since I was 3.
We went to NYC some years ago and while standing outside of the Empire State building, I heard a local talking about how she'd never been to the top of it(the ESB) or been to the Statue of Liberty and she'd lived there her whole life. lol So.. it's not just us.
Looks like the kids had a blast! You seem to be doing what we've been doing.... spending lots of time outside and out and about!
What a great family vacation! Looks like a beautiful place to explore!
The trip looks like so much fun!!! I love visiting state parks!
LOVE the photo of the two girls hloding hands. Just adorable!
You vacation looked like it was a good time. I've been to a few of those places in my trips to and through UT.
Post a Comment