Sad news. One of my Poogle puppies has died. It got Parvo because the new owner didn't get it's next set of vaccinations. So I am begging all of you out there who recently got puppies (myself included) to keep up on their shots. It's a heart wrenching thing to have a new puppy that you just paid money for, that you are getting or already attached to, die. It was very very sad. :(
Get your puppy's vaccinations done!

7 comments:
Poor Belle! I am so sorry to hear that. Makes me really upset to hear of people not vaccinating, spaying/neutering (unless breeding on purpose) their pets. (I used to work at the SPCA and saw a lot of horrible things, so I quit. My heart can't take it!)
Poor Belle! I am so sorry, I used to work in a wonderful vets office in TN and got so cross when people didn't keep up their shots or heartworm meds. Such a shame.
xx
I am so sorry to hear that! I lost my dog some years ago to parvo:( She was "dumped" at our house and we only had her for a short time. I think her owners dumped her because she was already sick. Robbie and I also lost our dog dexter in October 2006. The vet never could find out why he got so sick. We spent a lot on test but nothing showed up. It was awful.
Poor thing! I'm sorry that happened. It must have been hard on your and your kids to hear.
Black dogs are more susceptible for Parvo. Our black lab got it and we caught it in time (total mood/eating change). She lived through it but she's skinny, no matter how much she eats! People probably think we starve her.
This is one reason we must find a new family for our dog. We cannot afford her vaccines or for her food. I'm really quite sad about since I went through Hell with her during her Parvo.
By the way, Parvo can remain dormant for up to 6 months, so please spread the word! A perfectly healthy pup could be incredibly sick in just a day's time.
OH! How very sad!!!
What a cute littel sweetie!! Poor thing!!!
Oh my...so sad! Thanks for the reminder. I bred my GS recently and will be sure all the pups get their shots :)
Post a Comment