Monday, March 29, 2010

Mychigan got baptized!

I thought I'd better write about this, I don't want her to get lost in the shuffle when new baby comes. I'm pretty sure he will be the center of attention for a while.


Mychigan turned 8 this month, which means in our church you get to get baptized if you so choose. :) It was a beautiful day and she did so good! She and her daddy sang 'A child's prayer' together, and it was so sweet! Everyone wondered about her voice and then were pleasantly surprised when they learned she could carry a tune. She certainly is our musical child.

Look at this beauty with her sweet daddy. What a great day that was. :) After the dunk, so clean and pure.
Afterwards we had a birthday/baptism party for her, with all our friends and family that came, and she got some more loot! This picture is of her with her very own set of Scriptures from her mom and dad, with her own name engraved on them! Pretty special! All of her gifts were, thank you to all who gave anything to her, or even just came, it was a special day!
Her cake. It's what she wanted it to say. :)



Congratulations Mychigan!!!
Now that that's done, we can focus on having a baby.... bring it on! :)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

What a wonderful day! Congratulations to Mychigan!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to her!!! What a special day :)

I have a daughter being baptized on the 10th! She is so excited!

Toneta Holmes said...

You are an amazing Mom and I love your kids names. Sawyer is such a cute name. You have such a talent on picking out names. I'm almost done with the blanket. If you want to use it at the blessing you can, if not, it won't be a any big deal. Really, whatever is up to you! Love ya Steph and I have I have really enjoyed out friend ship that has got closer. It means the world to me. See ya soon okay?