Back in October my cousin issued a challenge. It was a challenge to refrain from eating sugar for a whole month. I wanted to take the challenge then, but several things stopped me. One, it was my daughters birthday month, so I didn't think I could get away with not eating cake and ice cream, and then there was the simple fact that it was HALLOWEEN that month! The candy holiday. I just didn't think I would have the will power to keep those little candy bars and pure sugar substances out of my mouth. I am the sugar queen.
So I told her that I would be taking the challenge, but in another month of my choosing. I chose May. (for the most part) I started on April 27th, and will end on May 27th, and I did it this way because my Grandma's 80th birthday is on May 28th. I want to be able to celebrate with her, and eat her cake too! :)
Today is day 3 for me. It's been hard already. I can do it though.
And now I am going to issue the same challenge to you! You can do it with me, or you can do it in a month of your choosing like I did. I'm expecting to loose a few pounds. If that doesn't happen, this will all be for nothing! :D (OK, not for nothing...but still! 10 pounds off (or even 1) would be fabulous!)
Good luck to me and you!
4 comments:
Umm, yea, that is not ever going to happen for me. I coudln't even go 24 hours without sugar. I type this while eating swedish fish.
Good luck to you!!!
Good luck Steph! I know you can do it!
One tip I picked up from Zonya Foco (www.zonya.com/) is to eat a piece of fruit with a glass of water 3 times a day and your sweet tooth cravings will go away. I have tried it and it works!
Keep taking it one day at a time and I know you can make it until the end of May!
You can do it!!
And to help, I'll eat your share of the sugar for a month!
(I haven't had a root canal in a while)
You'll do great! And you WILL get used to not having the sugar. When you do happen to eat sugar again it will be sooooo sweet and probably make you feel ill. Which can be a GOOD thing!
Post a Comment