Friday, February 8, 2008

Stuck in a cold winter rut

Nothing much been going on around here lately. Same old ... school, work, piano, errands, etc...
We went to Daisy's parent night at her pre-school. They do it every month. This month we had to hit a pinata, and make a book. It's funny, cause I feel like they think they need to keep us busy like pre-schoolers. Cute. It is fun to always come home with a craft of some sort though, the girls like it. It's a 'no kids allowed' thing though, so we have to make like either one or three of everything, so we wont have fights.

It's 'jump rope for heart' month. Ugh. Last year I only had one child in elementary and was pregnant. So I took Sabryna around door to door for donations and she got like $400.00 dollars. She is expecting the same thing this year, but I am having a hard time telling her that #1 Mychigan is wanting to do it too, so they will have to split what they get, and #2 There wont be much going out because I now have a nursing baby to take care of. I can't let them go door to door by themselves... I think I'm going to let her go up and down our street, so she will get some, but not nearly what she did last year. She was one of the students that got the most donations. Hmmmm....

Valentines day is getting near. All my kids are begging for candy to put with their Valentines. I'm not one of those that goes all out on that kind of thing. I think we may do pencils or fruit roll ups. What do you think? I would like to do nothing. Just the little cards, but all the other kids do something, so I don't want my kids to feel left out. Then, Dell is getting off early so we can go on a date, and I can't find a baby-sitter! Who wants to babysit on Valentines day? NOBODY. So I may just end up doing my old standby of making a romantic dinner for two for after the kids go to bed. It just sucks to do that when his boss is letting him off early just so we can go out. She is rarely nice like that and I would like to take advantage!

I'm throwing a baby shower for my sis-in-law that is due on Feb 29th! ha! tomorrow. I'm excited, but excited to have it over too. I'm not much of a party thrower. I'm not creative. It will be fun though, I think. I hope.

So that's life. Wish winter would end already...Punxatoney Phil didn't say that will happen anytime soon though, so for now we are stuck in a cold winter rut! Just keep on keepin on I guess!
Gonna leave you with some pictures of the cutest baby on earth!


11 comments:

KATE said...

Awww... she is adorable!

I hear ya about the winter rut! It's getting VERY old!!
I say keep working on the babysitter thing. It would be SO nice to get out for the evening!

Anonymous said...

She is so very cute! I love the huge bow in the hair!
Valentine's Day is so hard to do because you are right- no one wants to babysit! We usually try to do it another night, sad I know but it works!

Mamarazzi said...

most def the cutest baby in the whole world!

i love the jumprope fundraiser. i like the idea of a fundraiser being more than a kid's parents taking an order form to work and selling junk no one needs but they want to "help" so they do.

i would much rather sponsor a spell-a-thon, jump-a-thon, anything-a-thon...

Cecily R said...

Our school does a walk a thon every year and I LOVE it. It's so much fun for the whole family.

The winter rut is hitting me too. I am so ready for all this white stuff to melt. Please?

Your baby is adorable. Those are great pictures!!

girlymom said...

Did the girls make her a necklace? She is so precious! I would babysit for ya if we were closer, sorry. Keep trying, you still have time. We have a wedding tomorrow and I just found a babysitter on Tuesday, no it was Wednesday. Nothing like wingin it! I actually called in a favor to one of the kids' friends and invited them to their house for a playdate which has turned into a sleepover. Anyways, keep trying~ oh and good luck with the baby shower!

KATE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
crystal said...

Those CHEEKS! I want to squeeze 'em!

Maria said...

Cutest baby on earth is right! Love those cheeks! My husband is out of town for the week, so I won't even be able to see him on V-Day! Not only that, V-Day is the anniversary of our first date. Isn't that romantic?

Beth Cotell said...

I love that bow on top of her head! She is a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Aw..She's adorable!
thanks for stopping by to "see" me again... I DO remember you! Sorry you had to see me at my worst before..I was in a rut of my own for months there.

I'm with you on the cards though.. I remember when the card was enough but now you have to have candy, toys, temporary tattoo's. Our boys got a box of V-day cards to fill out and then I sent something for the party. That's as far as I go when I'm on a budget lol.

Thanks again and I will be stopping by more!

Ris said...

oh she does! So cute! Wherever did you get that adorable bow!? Lexi has leopard print shoes to wear with her purple outfit. Little girls are so fun!