Friday, February 29, 2008

Love is in the air...

I just want to say how impressed I am at how many of you out there are in a loving relationship with wonderful husbands/wives or partners. I always felt so blessed to have married my best friend who is still my best friend, and who I love so very much. I always thought it wasn't unheard of in other relationships, but rare. After reading so many other blogs, I have found that there are many other relationships out there like mine and I am so happy that other women (and men) are like me and have found true love and true happiness.
I know there are single women (and men) out there who are very happy to be just that. And I am happy for you too. I do hope though, that if you are looking to find your true love, that you will be as blessed as I and many others around the blogosphere to find that one.
I hope this offends no one, I was just pondering last night how many other women have loving husbands and are just a lot like me. I hope everyone out there is happy in some way or another, and if not, that your happiness is coming soon.
I do love you all my bloggy friends and hope the best for you and think about you even when I'm not sitting here at the computer.
Happy Leap Day everyone!!!

12 comments:

Maria said...

I think part of the reason you see so many happy people in this circle is these are mostly mom blogs, happy to write about their lives. I like to read all these "happy" stories.

Mamarazzi said...

yea i love my honey...and he is my best friend. i DO think it is rare. but it seems that the blogpshere is where we all hang out!

you are right, this kind of love is a true blessing!!

Cecily R said...

Seems that we were on the same wave length... sort of anyway. It's so nice to hear the good stuff. We get way too much of the other everywhere else!

Chanin said...

That is a sweet post! I am glad to have found others that are happily in love too! One message board that I used to read was always bashing husbands and I got so sick of it that I don't even visit that sight anymore! I like to surround myself with happy people!! :)

crystal said...

You're exactly right; it's fun to make connections with other moms who are writing about their happy lives, ups & downs and all. There really ARE a lot of good men out there :)

TheHMC said...

Oh I don't love my husband at all. It's merely a contractual obligation.

haha! Kidding. I do love my hubby, butthead that he can be. We've had our share of issues though and I know what you're saying. For awhile it seemed like no one was staying together. Marriage is hard work, Yo! I got married young and had nooooo clue what I was in for. We've "grown up" together now though and have become different people-together.

girlymom said...

I am so lucky to say that I am one of those happy people! Love him!
This is a sweet post.
I didn't know it was Leap Day...thanks!
Have a wonderful weekend Steph.

D said...

A blog is not really the place to write about major issues. Minor annoyances - sure ok- but not major issues. It is an appropriate place, however, to focus on the positive.

That being said- your cousin is a wonderful husband and I only have minor annoyances with him. If I didn't focus on the positive they might become major issues - since that seems to be the way with us humans. We expand on what we focus on. So I choose to focus on the positive and I am glad he does the same for me - since I know my annoying attributes are major issue worthy. :) Hey, we are all learning and growing.

So I think that's what you are seeing- not a bunch of people who have perfect marriages but people who are learning and growing and focusing on the positive. It is the way to stay in Love. It is inspiring and definitely the right circle to be in.

Vixbil said...

I love reading all the happy stories too and even when they are sad it seems nice to be able to support with comments and also feel like you are not alone.
Happy leap day too.
xx

Steph said...

I definitely know that everyone is not perfect and not flaunting all their faults or if they have a bad marriage, or that they are going to air out their major issues on their blogs, but what I am saying is that I get a feeling, and can tell, that for the most part these women are happy. As am I. And I'm happy for it. We do hear a lot of negative in the world and I am glad that I have found a little world that makes me smile. And I'm glad to be a part of a community that can lend support when needed too, because we all know it's not all roses out there. :)
You are all as real to me as my FIRL (friends in real life), and I'm very happy to have found you.
I'm glad you are all happy (at least blogging happy) and in love with your 'hunnies'!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Good post! We tend to read people's blogs who are like us in some way and so I'm suprised that there are so many out here who have wonderfully good husbands! I'm part of that club! :)

Tanya Siekman said...

Aren't we all just a lucky bunch? We really are you know!

Tanya