
All the girls got flu shots today too...well, except Ryver she's still to young. I took Sabryna to the doctor because she had a sore throat and she didn't expect the shot, but I told her it was a possibility. I had Daisy and her at that time because of the orthodontist appointment, so they were first. Sabryna was the biggest baby of all! She threw a small hissy fit, and then let them do it, but screamed. Geez, it's not that bad is it? That got Daisy all riled up, and I practically had to hold her down to get hers. I don't like springing it on them like that, but if I tell them before hand, they throw more of a fit, so I have a dilemma every time they have to get shots. So then after school, I took Mychigan for hers, and she said "No, shot mom" I told her yes, but it will only hurt for a minute, and asked her if she could be brave. She said she would try and went in very willingly. Wow! She wanted to sit on my lap and got a little nervous when I asked if she wanted to watch or not (she said not) and then jumped a bit when the needle went in. Then when it was done she started laughing! How cute! She was so brave! And they all got a cold stone certificate that we promptly went and got after Sabryna's soccer practice. When I was tucking Mychigan in bed tonight, she said "Mom, I want to go get another little poke tomorrow" I asked if she wanted another shot...(totally in shock) and she said "ya, so I can get another ice cream!" Hahaha...how funny is she! If she only knew...I would give her ice cream and not even make her get a shot for it! It just can't be cold stone every day!
To end the night (before bed) we made some cookies and "Booed" some people. Where you take some cookies or a treat and a little poem with a ghostie to hang in their window and they have to "boo" two more people anonymously. It's fun, and inevitably we get "booed" every year! I have yet to start it though...I want to someday. :)
Well, I'm gonna go fall into bed now...goodnight all!
5 comments:
Yes, it sounds like another one of those days! That was a busy one! On days like those I literally fall into bed! Oh well, at least it's another year before you have to get more shots, eh? Heck, i'll get a shot if it means I get ice cream!
Tami
The first orthodontist I went to invented the expander. It should be called a terrible torturous instrument. It doesn't hurt when it goes in but it does when you crank it. Yuck! Not an experience I want to relive. But I will say it was worth it. I wouldn't want my "natural" teeth - I would look terrible!
Shots are no fun! We need to do those again soon.
Just wait til she has to start the expanding! I agree with D on that experience. Brave of her to let you take a picture!
I know...we did the first crank this morning...she didn't like it, but it wasn't too bad. Little does she know, huh?
I'm not going to tell her that it really should be called a terrible torturous instrument though, she would freak!
Poor baby anyway, it's so hard to see your kids in pain! Hopefully she will thank me for it someday. :)
Holy Cow! First of all that is some picture! And secondly, after all that you Booed people? Holy crap woman, whenever we get those I NEVER remember to reciprocate and certainly not after a day like you had! :)
Post a Comment