Thanksgiving is over, and the Christmas season is in full swing! I for once did NOT go shopping at 4 in the morning on Black Friday! I did have my friend get me some things, but me...I got to sleep in! Woo hoo!
We went and cut our own Christmas tree yesterday (Saturday), with the girls. That was fun! There is no snow on the mountain though! That is a first since before we can remember. It's sad, and I really hope we get dumped on soon...I love the snow! We will be putting the tree up tomorrow night for family night, the girls are so excited. I am excited to see Ryver look at all the pretty, twinkly lights, she will be entranced, I think.
I stopped the girls on the search for a quick pic...

We found it! The tree:

Daddy getting ready to cut the tree
Pulling the tree to the truck
Pulling the tree to the truck
Mychigan throwing rocks across the road (instead of snowballs :( )
Cute Mychigan
Transferring the tree from truck to trailer
Santa's elves are watching kiddies...make sure you are extra good! :)
11 comments:
Well, I've caught up with you! I'm now up-to-date with your blog. I love the tree search pictures. Looks like a lot of fun even though there wasn't any snow. We had a skiff on Wednesday, but that has been it for snow ... so far. I'm alight with that, though!
Great tree! Great photos. Hope you have fun with all the decorating! See ya.
How fun! I LOVE cutting down our own tree. I used to do that when I was little, but Scott & I haven't done it since we've been married. What a fun family day!!
I can't wait to see it all up & looking great! I love that!!
That is a serious tree! Can't wait to see the photos of it decorated!
FUN stuff...great tree, fantastic pics...YAY it's Christmas time!!
So good to see you're back Carrie! I bet you had a lot of reading to do!
Kellan~ Thanks!
Kate~ I love cutting our own tree too! It's a great family time, and the kids love it, I think it will make for great memories...Is there nowhere you can do that where you are?
Crystal~ I have seen your tree! Yours is the SERIOUS tree, what is it like 9 feet tall? Huge! And gorgeous! This one goes above our heads, but is probably only 6 and a half feet. It's pretty, and I can't wait to see it decorated too! :)
HolleeAnn~ Me too! Yay it's Christmastime!
How jealous I am that you cut down your own tree. You guys are so cool!
Jon and I were just talking about how weird it is to see the mountains so brown this time of year. I hope it changes soon. It's a little scary!
Oh my goodness! What fun! I can't wait to see all the fun things that will go on it! Way to go! What a good Mommy you are...
There are a few places here, but Scott is usually outta town until right before Christmas, so I have to do it by myself! Stinky!
We like to cut our own tree too. We try to wait until it snows but it doesn't always happen. I heard we're heading toward a record warm year!
Cecily~ I know, it's fun to do! I am scared about the brown mountains...I hope it snows before Christmas!
Tami~ Thanks, it's fun to decorate with the girls every year. Thanks for the mommy compliment...back at ya!
Kate~ I'm sorry that you are alone for most of December...that really is stinky!
Maria~ I think it already IS a record warm year! Crazy! Cool that you cut your own tree too...it's a fun tradition.
Post a Comment