I couldn't remember everything that happened this week until I uploaded my pictures from my camera...then I remembered.
The girls decided they were little Picasso's and drew their lovely artwork all over their beds and dresser and walls with a sharpie they found. After I took pictures they scrubbed it off. All I can say is they better be grateful for Mr. Clean! Those 'magic erasers' are so much easier than the way I had to do it as a kid!
Mychigan didn't want to claim this one, but somehow mommy knew!:



I saw an Oprah with Dr. Oz, and he had a recipe for a 'green drink' that Oprah decided tasted 'fresh', so I thought I would make one for the kids and I and see what they thought. I didn't like it much, it tasted too much like celery...Mychigan is my celery kid, so she liked it best, but still most of the stuff got dumped down the drain. Not really a good drink...I don't think it tasted like 'fresh'. Uck.
Sabryna just looking at her drink, not wanting to taste it:
Classic Mychigan face:
Daisy's tiny sip:
We lit our first fire in the fireplace! Woo hoo, it was so cozy! I love fires in the fireplace, and even though they don't put out much heat they are fun and cozy. My girls displayed their 'fire-bug-ness' with constantly wanting to be over there and poking it...why are fires so attractive to kids? I remember wanting to play in them too. My mom always said I would pee the bed if I played in the fire.

Sabryna was so cute one night. I found her and Ryver on the couch reading books together. She had wrapped Ryver up and set her on her lap and was reading to her! Oh my, it was soooo cute! Ryver was loving it too.


My big Purcy kitty has started taking his guard down for little Gabby. Esmeralda my other big kitty hasn't yet and still hisses every time Gabby comes near her, but last night I caught a sweet moment. Purcy with little Gabby snuggled right up next to him. When I opened the door, he was licking her, but stopped when I came in, so I didn't get a picture of that, but I hope to soon...awwwww! Cute kitties.

And finally, last night Sabryna went on a sleepover with a friend, and I let the little girls sleep in the 'tent'. It's not a sleeping tent, it's just a little vinyl tent with no floor, but they wanted to sleep in it so bad, so I thought "why not?" It was cute, even though it took them over an hour to get to sleep...that's OK because it was Friday night, right? I'm surprised they slept til 9 o'clock in it, it couldn't have been comfortable what with sleeping in on the bars that run along the floor, but ah, kids...they don't notice stuff like that, and yay for sleeping in!
Sweet sleeping girls:
Daisy's little head poking out the bottom: Cute!
The Tent:
So now I am going to take the girls to another friend's for another overnight because tomorrow is Dell's and My 13th anniversary! I can't believe it's been that long already, it feels like we just got married yesterday...or tomorrow! Crazy!
The Tent:
So now I am going to take the girls to another friend's for another overnight because tomorrow is Dell's and My 13th anniversary! I can't believe it's been that long already, it feels like we just got married yesterday...or tomorrow! Crazy!
11 comments:
What a nice friend, to take your kids overnight! THAT's a friend. How old is Sabryna? I just love that photo of her & Ryver, reading. It's the sweetest thing I've ever seen. Can she help w/ Ryver much while you are busy?
I love the writing on the walls. Especially when they "sign" their names & try to say it wasn't them. It doesn't make my head spin at all! ha ha
I love the bedtime story picture! What a sweet big sister!
have a great weekend!
i tried the green drink too...once i added a little cilantro i kinda liked it....not for everyday, but it was fun, for a minute.
i love the pic of your little girl with her head poking out the bottom of the tend...adorable!
looks like it was a fun and busy week for y'all...
oh and YES YES YES thank heaven for Mr. Clean maginc erasers!! woo hoo!
Yay for sleepins! And sleepovers!! Congrats on the wedding anniversary, I hope you have a nice time just being grownups.
My daughter (5) has signed her name on the brickwork out front of our house....but she doesn't know how it got there!!
OMG - the Sharpie incient!!! It all came off???? And all those pictures - adorable - they are so precious. Have a good Sunday and see you soon. Kellan
Oh my!! Our anniversary is the 18th of November too! Sweet! What a good day! Cute pictures! I'm glad that your girls are artists! That's so much fun!
Tams
Happy Anniversary! Have a great time on your night away!
The pictures on the walls and beds is so familiar. I still have a lovely drawing of a princess on one side of my cedar chest.
Hi! I saw your blog and thought I'd comment. I have 4 also and am a sahm. I think we probably have a lot of stories in common. I know I can relate to writing on the wall. Over the summer I just finished repainting our "new" kitchen!"
Crystal~ I know, I have GREAT friends! Sabryna is 9, and yes she helps tremendously with Ryver! I don't know what I would do without her!
Kate~ I know, I'm always telling them that they can't fool me, moms know everything! (they don't know how...but we do! Ha Ha!)
HolleeAnn~ Maybe I will try cilantro if I ever dare make it again! I love Mr. Clean!
Mel~ Thanks, we did have a great time just being grown ups! And I didn't even mind sharing my anniversary with little Ryver!
Kellan~ Yes, amazingly enough, it even came off the wallpaper!
Tami~ How cool that we share an anniversary!!! What year are you? Happy anniversary yesterday!
Cecily~ Have you tried magic erasers? One day when they are bigger we will wish for those little drawings, wont we?
Maria~ Thanks for commenting, I will stop by your blog! I'm sure we can relate on many things!
looks like you had a great week! Love the girls' expressions on their faces, drinking the green stuff...they are brave...you are brave to make it- I'm not into eating green goo, can't get over looking at it. Cute tent, we have a teeny tiny lady bug one that they somehow cram themselves into, kids will be kids!
Happy Anniversary!! Cheers to another great year!
I hope that your anniversary was wonderful. congrats on 13 yrs! and here's to many more! :-)
Post a Comment