Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Thursday 13 ~ Things I like to do in my spare time

In no particular order:

1. Date my husband. Like go to a movie, dinner, dessert, anything together without kids where I have to dress up just a little more than normal and smell pretty. It doesn't happen all that often, but if I get a chance, that's what I want to do in my spare time!

2. Read. I don't have a book I'm reading at the moment (still waiting on my brother to borrow me Harry Potter! I may have to just go get it from the library!), but I love to read! My kids often find me with my nose buried in a book.

3. Watch TV. Yes, I do it too much. When I'm not reading, (or doing mommy things) I'm doing this. I have way too many shows that I watch, and if I didn't have a DVR, I wouldn't get to. So this is a naughty little thing to have around. Some of my favorite shows are: ER, Heroes, LOST, Prison Break, 24, The Bachelor, Survivor, Pushing Daisy's, Journeyman, The Biggest Looser, The Amazing Race, Ghost Whisperer, Moonlight, Numb3rs, Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy, CSI (the original), Medium, Law and Order SVU, Til' Death, Back to You, Ellen, Oprah, Dancing with the Stars, Big Brother, Kyle XY, Drive.... See, I told you there is a lot! But to my credit, a lot of these aren't on at the same time of the year, so... I only watch like 2 a day. :)

4. Eat. Mmmmmmm foood.....'nuf said.

5. Listen to Music. I get in different moods. Sometimes it's country, sometimes it's stuff like FM 100 (but not now, because they already started playing Christmas music!), sometimes it's Rock, even sometimes Rap. Not often though. I like a good dancing beat and lyrics I know so I can sing along.

6. Color with my kids. It's fun and relaxing, but my hand gets tired easy because I have carpal tunnel. But I do it when I can, and my kids save pages in their coloring books for me.

7. Sleep. I don't do this one enough, but I love to do it!

8. Garden. I'm not great at it, but when I can make something grow I am so happy and proud of myself! I love my little flower garden, my Wordless Wednesday yesterday shows one of the few flowers in it, pretty huh?

9. Swim with my kids. We have a wave pool here that is open year round, and it's pretty fun to go to. It's hard right now with the baby, but we will be going again soon. We have a 6 month pass that's up in December so we need to go!

10. Take pictures. I'm not a photographer by any means, but I love to snap pictures of anything that catches my fancy. I keep my camera in my purse at all times so I wont be without it when a 'Kodak moment' hits. My hubby thinks I take WAY too many pictures!

11. Visit with my friends. I would much rather have an in person visit than on the phone, but on the phone is the next best thing. I like to keep in touch with those that are important to me, and blogging is a good way too! Many times throughout the day you will find me with the phone squintched (thanks for the word Cecily!) between my shoulder and my ear, usually talking to Misty or Kristy. :)

12. Know my husband. Use your imagination :)

13. Play games. Board games. I love 'em, especially if they are really fun and loud and make me laugh a lot!

Happy TT everyone!

8 comments:

Matchbox Mom said...

woo hoo for Prison Break! Are you totally freaking out??!!! I couldn't even sit down while watching it last Monday night. I thought I was going to have a panic attack! Crazy!!!
Fun Post! I like knowing my hubby too...tee hee...you're naughty.

Tami

KATE said...

I love your list! I love my DVR too, way too much in fact!

I also (like tami) like to know my husband. Ha ha ha...you are naughty!

Great Thursday Thirteen!!
- Kate

Steph said...

Ya, well I haven't watched Monday's Prison Break yet and it's killing me! Hub's and I watch together and when he's working it has to be put on hold. grrrrr...!
And I could have been a lot naughtier! :) I was really trying to say it in a tactful way, as I have FAMILY reading this but it really IS one of the things I like to do in my spare time ;), so I didn't want to LIE....and was trying to tame it down! Ha ha, naughty is good sometimes, right? ;)

Kellan said...

All things I enjoy also - except the last one. Not a game player - didn't get that game-playin' gene. Good list - see ya.

crystal said...

I love #12! teehee teehee. I was thinking, as I saw the Thurs 13 topic, how i'd word that one. You worded it perfectly!

Floozy.

Steph said...

ROFLOL Crystal!

Cecily R said...

Yay! I love your list!

My DVR is so my bestust buddy some nights. Probably too many nights really, but what do you do?

Cecily R said...

I somehow posted my comment before I meant to...

Thanks for your nice comment on my lame headache post. What nice bloggy pals I have!